To promote physical fitness, sportsmanship, and a healthier lifestyle through disc sports.
Daredevil Discs is based in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada and all discs are 100% made in Canada. We are the largest Canadian disc manufacturer and we distribute our products worldwide.
The company manufactures four styles of discs:
1) The 175G Daredevil Ultimate 'Gamedisc' - regulation 175 gram weight and size for the great game of Ultimate and approved by USA Ultimate at the Championship Level. Only two disc manufacturers in the world have this status!
2) The '140G' - 140gram Ultimate Disc - designed initially as a junior ultimate discs (under 12 years old player) this model is also a perfect recreational disc at the park or beach for all ages.
3) The Frostie - Cold Weather 175gram Ultimate Disc - the first disc in the world designed for playing Ultimate in colder climates.
4) Discgolf discs - we manufacture several models of putters, approach discs and drivers in highly durable plastics. Whether you are a beginner or professional PDGA tournament player, we have the disc for you!
Daredevil also produces high performance custom team uniforms, which consists of:
1) Full Colour Sublimated Jerseys and Shorts - The sky is the limit when printing these uniforms.
2) Performance Jerseys and Shorts - Made with our super light weight breathable fabric.
3) Flex and Mesh (Trucker) Caps - Any style you want we got it!
Another unique quality of the company is that it has its own 'Design Department' which can help clients design artwork for their custom team or tournament discs.
Launched in February 2002, Daredevil Discs has become a well recognized disc brand in Canada and many locations around the world. Co-owners, Wah Phung-Lu and Mike Seaby have travelled to many tournaments to spread the word and collect valuable feed back from ultimate players. Wah Phung-Lu has been playing ultimate since 1989 in Ottawa and continues to tour with a travelling team. Mike has been playing since 1999 and now captains several teams.
It was out of the love for the game that they started the company. Providing an alternate source for quality Ultimate discs.
Daredevil Discs has been a major sponsor and a official disc for the Canadian Ultimate Championships since 2002. Daredevil Discs' design team, Hybrid Productions, also did all the design work for the 2002 event. This included the official logo, signage, maps, shirts, discs, and the sponsorship package. The company also created a new event for tournaments called the 'Daredevil Funzone'. It consists of several short disc games which test the players speed and accuracy, giving them the opportunity to win daredevil merchandise.
They continue to sponsor and help run several charity tournaments, such as 'Layout for Life' and 'Spirit' and provides discounted prices for kids leagues, schools and start up leagues.
The disc was also used at the World Championships in Hawaii for gameplay as well as the Maximum Time Aloft (MTA) competition, which was won by 2001 and 2002 Canadian MTA Champion, Wah Phung-Lu.
Daredevil Discs thanks all ultimate players and organizations for their support, enthusiasm, great comments, and encouragement.
All feedback, suggestions and advice is appreciated.
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada